It's Halloween: is your yard ready for trick-or-treaters?
Monday Oct 31st, 2016
Halloween is such a fun holiday for children and adults alike. It's a chance to dress-up and get out with friends and family, socialize with neighbours and collect some yummy treats.
If you're handing out treats this Halloween, here are a few tips to make sure your yard is safe for all the trick-or-treaters that will come knocking.
1. Use adequate lighting. Make sure your front yard and walk-way are as bright as possible. Flood lights, LEDs and glowing jack-o-lanterns are great options.
2. Secure railings. If you have a porch with railings, give them a quick check to ensure they are tight and secure.
3. Tidy up. Clear any debris or any unnecessary items that could be a tripping hazard.
4. Move vehicles. If trick-or-treaters will need to walk around your vehicles, consider relocating them for the evening.
5. Pets. Consider keeping pets inside or adequately secure to avoid any undue stress.
Now you're ready. Happy Halloween!